Thursday 7 March 2024

Apparition of La Salette

 



The Apparition of Our Lady of La Salette is a reported Marian apparition that is said to have occurred on September 19, 1846, near the village of La Salette in the French Alps. The two witnesses to the apparition were Maximin Giraud and Melanie Calvat, both children at the time.
https://monochrome-lily-hjp894.mystrikingly.com/blog/apparition-of-la-salette
According to the accounts, Maximin and Melanie claimed to have seen a beautiful lady, whom they identified as the Virgin Mary, weeping and delivering a message. Here is a summary of the main elements of the apparition:

The Apparition:
Maximin and Melanie reported seeing a radiant lady seated on a rock, weeping. The figure was described as being beautiful, wearing a crown and a long, flowing robe.

Message of Repentance and Conversion:
The lady conveyed a message of sorrow, calling for repentance and conversion. She spoke of the importance of keeping the Sabbath holy, showing respect for the name of God, and ceasing to work on Sundays.

Prophecies:
The lady allegedly revealed to the children certain secret prophecies related to the future of the Church and the world. Some of these prophecies were later written down and sealed, with instructions that they be opened at a later date.

Private Revelations:
In addition to the public message, Maximin and Melanie also received private revelations. These revelations were intended for the individuals themselves and were not disclosed to the public.

Reactions and Church Recognition:
Initially, the apparitions faced skepticism and investigation. However, over time, the local bishop investigated the events and eventually approved the devotion to Our Lady of La Salette. The apparition has gained recognition within the Catholic Church, and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of La Salette has become a pilgrimage site.

Devotion to Our Lady of La Salette is often associated with themes of reconciliation, repentance, and prayer for the conversion of sinners. The apparition is commemorated annually on September 19, and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of La Salette continues to attract pilgrims from around the world.

The message of Our Lady of La Salette. During the Marian apparition near La Salette, The Virgin Mary appeared crying. This message of Our Lady of La Salette is combined with prayer composed form the Secret revealed during the apparition in La Salette. I pray my family’s prayers and my original artwork will help spread the message of Our Lady of La Salette.

@significantart @funnyandcuteart #ourladyoflasalette #pray #prayer #marianapparitions #virginmary

Our Lady of La Salette we plead for your help and intercession.

Come to me, my children, don't be afraid; I am here to tell you something of the greatest importance.
If my people will not submit, I shall be forced to
let fall the arm of my Son.
It is so heavy, so pressing that I can no longer restrain it.
JESUS: For how long a time do I suffer for you!
I don't want my Son to abandon you,
I am compelled to pray to him without ceasing;
And as to you, you don't care.
JESUS: “However much you pray, however much you do,
you will never recompense the pains I have taken for you.
I gave you six days to work,
I've reserved the seventh for myself and no one wants to grant it to me. ”
that's what weighs my son's hand down so much.

Go to mass on Sundays in reverence. Cease working on Sundays.
Do not swear using my Son’s name. Do not blaspheme the Holy Name of God.
Make Lent: keep the days of fasting and abstinence.
“Do you say your prayers well, my children?” “
Ah, my children, it is very important to do so,
at night and in the morning.
When you don’t have time, at least say
an ‘Our Father’ and a ‘Hail Mary’,
but when you can, say more.”

References
Our Lady of La Salette
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_La_Salette

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment